How to register and check GES Pensions contributions
GES Pensions, also known as GESOPS, is the Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme. It is a Tier-2 pension scheme registered and regulated by the National Pensions Regulatory Authority (NPRA) under the Pensions Act, 2008, (Act 766) as amended.
GESOPS is a mandatory pension scheme for all employees of the Ghana Education Service (GES). It is designed to provide GES employees with a retirement income and other benefits, such as death and disability benefits.
GESOPS members contribute 5% of their basic salary to the scheme, and the GES contributes 5% of the member’s basic salary on their behalf. The contributions are invested in a variety of assets, such as government bonds, corporate bonds, and stocks.
GESOPS members can start receiving their retirement benefits at age 55 or after they have completed 10 years of service with the GES. The benefits are based on the member’s total contributions and the performance of the scheme’s investments.
GESOPS also offers a number of other benefits to its members, such as:
- Lump-sum payments for death and disability
- Early retirement benefits
- Transfer benefits for members who leave the GES
- Loans against pension contributions
GESOPS is a well-managed and financially sound pension scheme. It is committed to providing its members with the best possible retirement benefits and customer service.
To register for GES Pensions, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the GES Pensions website: https://www.gespensions.com.gh/
- Click on the “Register” button at the top of the page.
- Enter your staff ID and SSNIT number.
- Verify the information provided.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Click on the “Register” button.
Once you have registered, you will be able to log in to your GES Pensions account and view your contribution statement, check your balance, and update your personal information.
You can also register for GES Pensions by calling the customer service line at 050 692 9009. Please note that you must be a GES employee in order to register for GES Pensions.
Here are some additional tips for registering for GES Pensions:
- Make sure that you have your staff ID and SSNIT number ready before you start the registration process.
- Use a strong password for your GES Pensions account.
- Keep your email address and password up to date.
- If you have any questions or problems during the registration process, please contact GES Pensions customer service.
There are two ways to check your GESOP contribution:
How to check your GESOP contribution Online
- Go to the GESOPS website: https://www.gespensions.com.gh/
- Click on the “Member Login” button at the top of the page.
- Enter your staff ID and password, and click “Login”.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Check Statement” link.
- Select the date range for which you want to view your statement, and click “Submit”.
- Your statement will be displayed, showing your total monthly contributions and the net returns on your accrued benefits.
How to check your GESOP contribution By phone
You can also check your GESOP contribution on phone by following these simple steps
- Dial *365*65#
- Enter your staff ID
Note: You must be a registered member of GESOPS in order to check your contribution. If you are not yet registered, you can do so online or by calling the customer service line.